Become a VAAP Member
Individual Membership Categories
- Professional: Individuals who practice as addiction professionals and/or hold a qualification, license, or certification in the addiction profession
- Associate & Peer Recovery Support Members: Individuals working towards qualification, licensure, or certification within the addiction profession or for non-clinical professionals
- Student: Individuals enrolled in a college, university, or state-approved training facility for at least 3 credit hours and not currently licensed, certified or practicing as an addiction professional
- Retired: No longer practicing as a professional
- Over 300 hours of FREE CE hours (CEs) (worth $4,500) through NAADAC’s Online Webinar Series, available on demand 24 hours/7 days a week. Simply watch the webinar of your choice, complete the online CE quiz, and receive a free CE certificate to use towards your license/credential.
- Free subscription to NAADAC’s official magazine, Advances in Addiction & Recovery.
- Reduced rates for continuing education, ten independent study courses, including the course for the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) Qualification & Requalification.
- Reduced rates for NAADAC sponsored conferences, public policy events, NAADAC regional meetings and workshops. View the NAADAC Master Calendar for events in your area.
- Reduced rates for all NAADAC publications, such as the Basics of Addiction Counseling: Desk Reference and Study Guide, used by experienced professionals and as a guidebook for preparation for certification exams.
- A 20% discount on all Hazelden Publishing and Educational Services (PES) resources. This NAADAC member rewards program is the highest non-volume related discount Hazelden offers. NAADAC members need to log into their NAADAC account on naadac.org to get the NAADAC Hazelden discount code.
- A 20% discount on the digital version of Dr. Darryl Inaba and William Cohen’s Uppers, Downers, All-Arounders: Physical and Mental Effects of Psychoactive Drugs, 8th edition. NAADAC members need to log into their NAADAC account on naadac.org to get the NAADAC discount code for purchase online.
- 50% discount on subscriptions to Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly (print or digital). NAADAC members need to log into their NAADAC account on naadac.org to get the NAADAC discount code for purchase online.
- An influential and effective voice for addiction professionals before Congress and the federal administration, the key governmental bodies that determine how addiction treatment and recovery support is funded and administered in America. Learn how you can contact members of Congress directly from the Take Action page.
- Advocacy at the national level that affects your funding and policy at the state level.
- Networking opportunities through national and state conferences and workshops. View the NAADAC Master Calendar.
- A professional identity and association that helps preserve and honor the unique talents of addiction professionals. Access Scope of Practice.
- A nationally recognized and newly updated Code of Ethics to promote professional ethics.
- Dues include membership in NAADAC and your state affiliate. Connect with your state affiliate.
- NAADAC Career Center, where you can look through NAADAC’s national and international job listings and post openings with your organization.
- Reduced rates for professional liability and premises liability insurance for individuals, agencies, peer recovery support specialists, and students through American Professional Agency, Inc. (APA, Inc.). Call 800.421.6694 for full details.
- Free first-time listing in Psychology Today’s Therapy Directory for six months ($180). NAADAC members need to log into their NAADAC account on naadac.org to get the NAADAC discount code and special link for this offer.
Organizational Membership (Community Partners)
Sustaining Members are the Commonwealth’s leading organizations, providing bedrock support for our common goals of prevention, treatment, and recovery from Substance Use Disorders. During the course of your membership, take advantage of these benefits:
- FREE exhibit space at the Annual Members Meeting (plus one complimentary registration) with an opportunity to connect directly with many of our 400 members – addiction treatment professionals from across the Commonwealth
- Showcasing you organization as a co-sponsor at VAAP events throughout the the year
- FREE job advertising to VAAP membership 2x/year
- Posting your logo on VAAP’s webpage for FREE when you use VAAP’s logo on your marketing materials
- Linking to your website from the VAAP website
- Listing your logo for FREE on our webpage in exchange for listing the VAAP logo on your social media (webpage, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
- Promoting your program’s developments, special programs, and trainings in our quarterly newsletter
- Networking with colleagues from across the Commonwealth
- Marketing and recruiting to addiction treatment professionals
- $50.00 discount on exhibiting at the 2022 Virginia Summer Institiute for Addiction Studies in Williamsburg in July!
Additionally as a Sustaining Member, you participate with VAAP:
- Endorsing and promoting increased professionalism through certification, licensure, and continuing education for addiction treatment professionals
- Helping programs and staff keep abreast of professional development issues and education resources and opportunities
- Providing a forum for both programs and staff to keep abreast of legislative issues and advocacy work
- Participating in NAADAC, the international organization supporting professional development and advocacy for addiction treatment professionals