The ASAM 50th Annual Conference – Innovations in Addiction Medicine and Science
More Inspiration. More Education. More Fun.
The ASAM 50th Annual Conference begins at 5:30 pm on Thursday, April 4, 2019 with an opening welcome reception. The conference concludes at noon on Sunday, April 7, 2019. Please note the pre-conference offerings take place on Thursday, April 4, 2019.
Join Us in Orlando!
Join us at the ASAM Annual Conference Headquarters hotel, the Hilton Orlando, a beautiful resort hotel, perfectly situated for fun and relaxation. The Hilton Orlando is conveniently located near dining, shopping, and entertainment venues along International drive. The hotel is 15 minutes from the Orlando International Airport and from all of Orlando’s major theme parks. After a day of engaging and informative sessions, unwind in the resort’s two pools, water slide, or lazy river and prepare for an evening of fun and relaxation.
At the end of the conference, participants should be able to:
- Identify and describe the new developments affecting the science, policy, and clinical practice of addiction medicine.
- Compare presented clinical guidelines/best practices with the participant’s current practice and identify strengths or gaps.
- Analyze new research and science to develop practical applications for treatment or further research.
- Explain recent or upcoming policy changes and identify implications or areas for provider involvement.
- Create a network of professionals or a set of resources that can be used to support the participant’s practice.
Who Should Attend
Healthcare professionals dedicated to increasing access and improving the quality of addiction treatment and care, including:
- Physicians and Clinicians
- Researchers and Academics
- Students and Retirees
- Counselors and Policymakers
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- The Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
CME for Annual Conference and Three Pre-Conference Offerings
The American Society of Addiction Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.